Boilers are an essential part of our everyday lives. They provide us with central heating to overcome chilly winters and they give us easy access to hot water to clean our dishes and wash our bodies. It’s something that we often take for granted because our boilers tend to just work without much thought, but if you’ve ever experienced a failing or malfunctioning boiler, then you’ll know how just how difficult life can be without a functioning boiler in your home.
Reasons your boiler might need a replacement
You might think that your boiler is working fine at the moment, but there are a couple of reasons why you might want to actually replace it.
- Newer boilers often have better energy savings especially if you’re upgrading from an older model that isn’t very efficient.
- A new boiler installation can offer more water pressure especially if you consider a new combi boiler than can deliver hot water at mains-level pressure without an extra accessory like a pump.
- Boilers tend to last around 10 to 15 years before their efficiency drops, so if you’ve noticed weird quirks with your boiler or if it’s breaking down more regularly, you may want to replace it to lower the risk of future malfunctions.
- Old boilers are fairly large and bulky, so replacing a boiler can offer space savings if you want to free up space in your home. For example, a new combi boiler can heat water when it’s needed while also providing water for a central heating boiler, removing the need for a separate hot water cylinder.
- In most cases, newer boilers cost less to maintain than older ones, meaning that repairs and servicing can cost a lot less in the long run especially if something serious malfunctions with your boiler.
- If you plan to sell or rent your home in the future then improving your home’s energy efficiency will make it more desirable, and this can be achieved with a new and improved boiler that offers better fuel efficiency.
What should you know before getting a new boiler?
Getting a new boiler first relies on an examination of your current boiler. This is to ensure that a boiler replacement is a smart idea and something that can offer you space and money savings in the long run. It’s vital to call out a certified engineer to examine your boiler so they can consider what boiler replacements could be a viable option for your needs.
It’s also a good idea to learn about the different types of boilers.
- Combi boilers heat water as you need them, making them great for space saving.
- Heat-only boilers or conventional boilers can store hot water for later use.
- System boilers are much like heat-only boilers but take up less space.
The type of boiler for your needs will typically be recommended by your engineer, but it’s still a good idea to understand the pros and cons of each one to help you make a more informed decision.
Why choose Bedfordshire Boilers Ltd
If you live in the Luton or Dunstable area then Bedfordshire Boilers Ltd is the perfect choice for having a new boiler installed. We are dedicated to providing our customers with the highest level of service and quality and are second to none in the Luton and Dunstable area. We offer competitive prices and a hassle-free experience to ensure that the installation is smooth, and we offer follow-up maintenance services to ensure your boiler is always operating at peak performance.